No Yeast No Oven Pizza | Homemade Pizza
Making a pizza without oven, on a tawa or pan is quick and simple. Though it can be made with yeast dough, tawa pizza turns out best when made with dough that has no yeast in it. This no yeast tawa pizza recipe may be helpful to those who do not have oven or do not prefer to eat foods made with yeast either.
If you’re not familiar with yeasted dough, but you’re a pizza lover, then this recipe is for you! Yeasted dough can take time and that’s why I created this quick, Pizza Dough Recipe that uses NO yeast! This is a great dough to get you in the kitchen with friends and family and making pizza from scratch. Yeast or not, there really is nothing like homemade pizza, and now it’s something any baker of any level of experience can make.
Why is Yeast-Free Pizza Dough Easier & Faster Than Yeasted Pizza Dough?
While yeast provides nice flavor it is not a must to create a beautiful homemade pizza. The dough’s raising agent is baking powder, which activates once you add the water, so there is no waiting around for proofing dough. It can be made and the whole pizza can be baked in a fraction of the time it takes to make yeasted pizza dough. This is a great recipe to make with the kids as it really is foolproof.
Tips On How To Make Pizza Without Oven Or On Tawa
- Do use a thick bottomed tawa (non stick or cast iron) for making the pizza. If the tawa is thin and light, then the base can get burned.
- You can also use a frying pan for preparing the pizza.
- Also roll the dough slightly thin, so that the pizza base gets cooked quickly. Thick base will take a lot of time to cook and the base will also get burnt by the time it cooks.
- Cook on a low flame from the start till end.
- Keep everything ready when you start cooking pizza on the tawa – pizza sauce, grated cheese and veggies.
- Oregano and basil are essential herbs. You can use dried or fresh. If you do not have oregano and basil, then use any herbs of your choice. You can also use pizza seasoning.
Homemade Pizza Sauce
Pizza sauce is tomato based sauce prepared by blenching tomatoes and spiced with herbs and garlic. Essentially it is used as a spread for the pizza base before topping and baking pizza. If you have ready made pizza sauce you can skip this and use that. But i prefer to make fresh pizza sauce as my kids love it.
Ingredients For Pizza Sauce
- 6 large tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dry red chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp sugar
Method For pizza sauce
- To make pizza sauce, make criss-cross on the base of the tomatoes and place them in boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes or till the skin begins to peel. Drain the tomatoes, cool slightly, peel, deseed and roughly chop them and blend in a mixer to a smooth pulp. Keep aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and saute on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the prepared tomato pulp, oregano, chilli flakes, tomato ketchup, chilli powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
No yeast No Oven Pizza | Homemade Pizza
For Pizza Dough
- 3 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice / Vinegar
For Pizza Toppings
- 1 Medium Red Bell Pepper chopped in small squares
- 1 Medium Yellow Bell Pepper cut in small squares
- 1 Medium Onion cut in small squares
- Grated Mozzarella Cheese as required
- Fresh Pizza Sauce as required
- Dried Oregano to sprinkle
- Salt to taste
For Pizza Dough
- In a mixing bowl or pan add all purpose flour, salt, sugar, baking soda and baking powder. Mix Well.
- Add Olive Oil and Lemon Juice or Vinegar. Mix Well.
- Add water in parts. begin to mix and then knead the dough.
- Keep on kneading till you get a soft and smooth dough. Add water in parts.
- Really knead very well. Knead at least for 10 to 12 minutes.
- The dough should become elastic and stretchable. Take a portion and stretch it. The dough should not break.
- Rub some olive oil all over the dough and keep covered in a bowl. Leave the dough to rest for 60 minutes.
- Again knead the dough lightly before using it. If not using immediately, then cover the dough in an aluminium foil or a keep it covered in a closed container in the fridge.
To make Pizza on Pan / Tawa
- Take little oil in a pan and saute all the veggies because in pan or tawa veggies do not get browned or golden.
- Take the pizza dough and divide it into 5 equal parts.
- Take one part and roll it well between your palms. Flatten and keep on the rolling board. Sprinkle some flour.
- With a rolling pin, gently roll to a slightly thin round pizza. Roll to get a 0.3 to 0.5 cm thickness. Sprinkle some more flour if required while rolling.
- Heat a pan and brush or spread some olive oil on it.
- Now gently place the pizza on the pan.
- Keep the flame to a low or sim and cook the pizza.When you see bubbles coming on it and the base has become golden, then flip.
- Now quickly spread the pizza sauce on this cooked side of the pizza.Sprinkle grated pizza cheese or mozarella cheese. You can add cheese as required.
- Top with sauted veggies. you can use any combination of vegetables.
- Cover with a lid and let the veg pizza cook on a low flame or sim.Cook veg pizza till the base becomes golden and crisp and the cheese has melted.
- Remove and serve tawa pizza hot or warm with tomato ketchup. You can also sprinkle red chili flakes , oregano on top of the pizza, while serving.
- You can choose veggies of your choice in toppings.
- Fresh Basil and Black Olives goes amazing with this.
- If baking the veg pizza, then bake in a preheated oven at 200 or 250 degrees celsius till the base is golden and the cheese has melted and browned.
Cooking with lots of love and straight from the heart.
Pans n ovens