Caramlized Pears with Kiwi Ice cream
After picking an abundant crop of pears, I was looking for new ways to enjoy them . Seasonal fruit is the perfect starting point for a memorable meal-ender . Sweet and simple. Caramelized pears are a perfect way to use those not-so-ripe-yet pears.
Amazing when served with fresh Kiwi Ice cream. Fruity and refreshing ice-cream packed with vitamin-C and antioxidants from kiwi. It’s super-easy to prepare using few ingredients and in very less time.
With only five simple ingredients, this ice cream is bound to be a favorite among children and adults alike. This homemade ice cream recipe calls for tender, ripe kiwifruit to be mashed or pureed and made into a rich and creamy ice cream.
Caramalized Pears with Kiwi Ice-Cream
For Kiwi Ice Crream
- 4 Kiwis chopped
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 tbsp Condensed Milk
- 150 ml Heavy Cream
For Caramlizing pears
- 2 Pears cut into halves
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- few Dried Berries and Walnuts
- Combine the chopped kiwi and 2 tablespoons of milk in a grinder and grind into a smooth paste. You can also keep this paste slightly coarse if you want to have small bits of kiwi in your ice-cream. Keep it aside.
- Add vanilla extract and condensed milk and mix well.
- After chilling the heavy cream in the freezer, beat it using a hand or electric whisk until soft peaks are formed.
- Add chilled kiwi paste to the whipped cream. Mix gently using a spatula until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour this mixture into a freezer-safe container and freeze for 6 hours or overnight .
- In a large pan, melt butter over medium-high. Add pears, one cut side down, and cook until browned, then reduce heat to medium and cook 3 minutes.
- Turn pears to other cut side and cook 4 minutes. Add sugar and 1 tablespoon water, swirling pan to combine.
- Turn pears skin side down and cook until sauce is thickened slightly, 2 minutes. Add vanilla and mix well.
- Serve warm with Scooped Kiwi ice cream.
- Topped with some crunchy dried nuts and berries.
- Ready to Serve.
- Depending on the season, pears can be replaced by peaches, nectarines, apricots or plums.
- Kiwi Ice cream can also be replaced with vanilla ice cream.
- You can increase the sugar according to your taste by adding powdered sugar in Kiwi Ice cream.
A perfectly delicious Cool Dessert!
Cooking with lots of love and straight from the heart.
Pans n ovens