Easy Italian Penne Arrabbiata | Arrabiata Pasta
Pasta Arrabiata is a classic! It’s easy to make, and the fiery tomato sauce will please all the spice lovers out there.
Pasta Arrabiata literally means “angry pasta” in Italian. Arrabiata sauce is a spicy (angry) tomato sauce that’s made with plenty of olive oil, garlic, chopped tomatoes, and red pepper flakes to provide the heat. Feel free to add as much chili flakes as you like depending on your taste.
This Pasta Dish is the perfect weeknight dinner idea because it is so quick to make, Penne Arrabbiata is ready and on the table in 15 or 20 minutes tops!
While your sauce is cooking and thickening and Oh that amazing, beautiful aroma, you can cook your pasta. Toss together and there you go dinner is served.
How to Make Perfect Pasta:
- Be sure to use a large (very large) pot of water.
- Bring the water to a strong boil.
- Add salt, I usually use rock salt probably about 1 1/2 – 2 tablespoons.
- Be sure to use a good quality pasta.
- Add your pasta and continue to cook in the boiling water, stirring often.
- Cook the pasta al dente, check the box for the ideal cooking time.
- Taste the pasta to make sure it is done, it should have a light bite to it.
- Remove the pasta with a sieve, never rinse pasta before adding to the sauce.
- With most pasta recipes a little pasta water is added to the sauce when bringing the dish together.
Easy Italian Penne Arrabbiata | Arrabbiata Pasta
- 4 Tomatoes
- 1 Cup Penne pasta
- 1.5 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Garlic chopped
- 1 tbsp Red chilli flakes
- 1 tsp Mixed Herbs
- Cook tomatoes in hot boiling water for 30 seconds.
- Transfer them in cold water.
- Remove the Skin and seed. Chop finely.
- Bring enough water to boil add 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp oil .
- Add 1 cup Penne pasta and cook.
- On a medium to high flame, cook till the pasta is done. you can choose to cook the pasta till al dente or can cook it completely.
- In a colander, drain the pasta and keep aside.
- In a pan take 1 tbsp Olive Oil.
- 1 tbsp chopped Garlic. Saute for a minute.
- Add Red Chilli Flakes, Chopped tomatoes, Mixed Herbs and salt to taste.
- Add boiled pasta. Mix Gently. Turn off the flame.
- Serve immediately topped with a generous portion of grated parmesan cheese and fresh chopped parsley.
Penne arrabiata – Celebrate the flavors of Italy with this classic arrabiata sauce. A super simple recipe to create a delicious, home-cooked meal for your family without compromising on taste. Quick, easy, and unbelievably delicious! Buon Appetito!
Cooking with lots of love and straight from the heart.
Pans n ovens